The Alfa Romeo Club of Pretoria and Arnold Chatz Cars will have their annual Italian Car Track Day at Zwartkops Raceway on Sunday, the 9th of August 2015.
On the day hot laps can be experienced riding shotgun in the Arnold Chatz supplied new model Alfa 4C and the 210kW Giulietta. There will be track sessions for 4 Cyl and Experienced drivers as well as 6 Cyl & Turbo model vehicles. Novice drivers will join in the Arnold Chatz VIP sessions. A special parade is planned round lunch time and should be great motivation to join your fellow Italian Car lovers in display of your car.
The track day to be held at Zwartkops promises to be great fun!
The following points will assist to make the day run smoothly and avoid frustration:
What to bring?
You will need a crash helmet, long sleeve shirt, long pants and closed non-slip shoes.
Bring along some cash for regalia and something to eat at the canteen.
What about my car?
Your car will be scrutinized before you will be allowed on track. The following have to comply, in order for your car to be allowed on track:
- Your car must be road worthy, therefore it has to have a legal seat belt, road tyres in good condition, windscreen without chips or cracks and no fluid leaks.
- Your car battery has to be securely fastened.
- Your fuel tank has to be securely fastened.
- No loose body parts to be on the car.
- Brakes have to be in good condition and the brake pedal should be firm.
- Exhaust should not leak.
In order to enjoy your drive on the track even more, check the following before you go on track:
- Tyre pressure should ideally be slightly higher than standard. This will help prevent tyre deformation during cornering. For tyres with standard pressure of 2.2 bar, increaseing the pressure to 2.5 bar should suffice. Do NOT over-inflate tyres, as they may burst on track.
- Check water, oil and brake fluid levels and ensure all levels are topped up to the MAX mark.
- Ensure that there are NO loose items in the car or boot. Loose items shift and may cause damage.
- A good set of spark plugs can make a difference in performance.
- Drivers (Car Club Members) = R 350 pp
- Drivers (Non-Car Club Members) = R 450 pp
- Passengers = R 100 pp
- * Special offer for Non-Members = R 500 pp
* The special offer is for non-car club members to drive and to join an Alfa Romeo club for the remainder of 2015.
If you register online and pay via EFT you will get a R50 discount on the above prices.
Entry forms and indemnity forms are available at www.arcop.co.za. Registration on the day is open between 09:00 and 12:00.
NB: All drivers and passengers MUST complete the indemnity form.